Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why do Americans Like NASCAR?

Doesn't it pretty much suck compared to Formula1?





I mean, I would much rather see Ferraris and BMWs and Toyotas race than a bunch of old, beat up Chevys.





Also, the tracks in the Formula1 are much better.





NASCAR just goes in the same circles.|||Because most Americans are hillbillies. Dang ol' turn left! Hee Haw!|||Its action Packed Fast Paced and Dramatic.|||What do you expect from a country that gave the world pro wrestling and Wheel of Fortune? Everybody go ahead and get mad if you want, but you know what? Americans just ain't too smart.|||NASCAR Has one thing Formula1 has lacked for several years. Competition. If your name wasn't Michael Schumacher, or you didn't drive a Ferrari, there was almost no point in competing. THAT was boring. The future of Formula1 is more promising.





I enjoy Formula1, but for different reasons than I enjoy NASCAR. Formula1 is high-tech, state-of-the-art racing technology. The team with the biggest budget usually wins.





Oh yeah, Toyota has entered the NASCAR season this year.





In NASCAR, just about anybody has a chance to field a team and be somewhat competitive. The cars in NASCAR are anything but old and beat up. They are big, strong, fast cars that take impacts that would destroy a Formula1 car. Also, NASCAR races on road courses twice a year, and some of the most dramatic racing can be seen there.





Formula1 has no oval races and only races 15 or 16 times a year. NASCAR's schedule is much more demanding with 36 races a season.





There is enough room in this world for both types of racing and they both have their dedicated fan base and that's cool. Racing is a great sport and it doesn't matter if it's on an oval in a stock car, or on a road course in a high-tech, open wheel hot rod. I enjoy it all.|||I guess it's a matter of remembering their childhood. NASCAR is just bumper-cars and demolition derby. I would rather see a RACE like Formula I or Indy cars than go to NASCAR. That's racing. NASCAR is usually a matter of who doesn't get knocked out of the race in an accident caused by someone sliding them into a wall or flipping them around.|||I guess you guys just don't get it.NASCAR isn't about racing.Nascar is a big popularity contest,but they run a race once a week .These nascar fans come to the track to show off the new fashions ,too.Every week you get to see the newest PITWEAR--JEFF GORDON SHIRTS--CASEY KAYNE BALLCAPS,TONY STEWART BEER COOLERS-It's unbelievable.They call themselves "RACE FANS" when in reality nothing could be further from the truth.I work around some of them,I learned not to ask any of them if they watched the F1 race.They look at you like you have a snake on your head.I asked one once if he saw the highlights of the 24HR Le Mans race and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.What I can't figure out is this--Say you're a FOOTBALL fan and one of your friends asks you to go to a BASKETBALL game.You might not want to go so you say NO THANKS,I REALLY DON'T CARE FOR BASKETBALL.If you ask a nascar fan to watch ANY OTHER RACING they say "THE IRL IS GAY or F1 is for fags " or some other crack.They think 3500 pound stock cars are the ultimate in speed.No wonder the rest of the world HATES US-THEY THINK WE'RE ALL NASCAR FANS.|||I am no big fan of NASCAR but I have to say the racing action is excellent, much better that Formula 1 where whoever gets to the first corner first wins the race. And the NASCAR drivers are approachable, they talk to the fans, they sign autographs, etc. Did anyone ever get Schumi's autograph on race week-end?





The Romans loved chariot racing in the Circus, so nothing much has changed in 2000 years.|||I don't know why anyone likes NASCAR. NASCAR fans are a bunch of hicks who don't know what fast really means. Compared to Formula 1 and Indycar, NASCAR cars are tricycles!


I agree about the tracks.|||Often wondered the same thing,something to do with their upbringing I think.|||formula 1 is a joke...unless you drive for ferarri. Hakkinen just proved that schumacher isn't that great.... its the car . i am personally thinking the v8 supercars from austrailia is a great show|||Most of what we like and dislike is based on tradition and culture. It's simply an American tradition to like NASCAR, just as it is to eat Turkey for Thanksgiving or have parties for the Superbowl.





Americans don't understand why Europeans love soccer so much, and Europeans don't understand why Americans love Football etc.





It's all in your upbringing.|||It is all in the upbringing THANK GOD!!!





I was raised on a '69 Camaro Super Sport 396 that my parents bought brand new. I have owned, Drag raced, Shown and driven my old Chevy since the 80's. I am a NASCAR fan but more importantly a car guy. Unlike you guy's, I appreciate and understand F1, IRL, CART, BAJA, NHRA, IHRA, NASCAR, SCCA...etc. etc......


I learned first hand, long ago that the mentioned BMW's and Toyota's(trying not to laugh) are big waste of time. Why? Nothing Toyota ever made was cool or inspiring....EVER. The Supra has always been a wanna be Trans/Am.....(yea I just said that)....Every BMW ever made looks like the last one and there owners are all monetery jerks who never changed there own oil much less a spark plug. I know. I probably fixed your crap and you were to cheap to buy genuine BMW parts.


Has any BMW guy ever owned one past 5 years? If you did, you would see what breakable over-engineered over-priced pieces of crap they are.


I've been tempted to buy an M3, sure. But don't want the stigma.


You have to understand, I don't understand your guy's train of thought like you may not understand mine. I can say that because I live it everyday.....


You guy's couldn't afford a Ferrari and you know it so why even mention it??? I love Ferrari's even though the interior's of everyone made reminds me of the cheapness of a kit car or maybe a conversion van....can't decide.


And whats to afford? Give me a ZO6 'Vette with ABS, TCS, Airbags, CD changer, A/C, Onstar, Leather and a 200MPH top end for a fraction of the cost.


I'm not a redneck etc. My father retired with his own shoe import business. My sister has all of her teeth, a college education AND a pilot's license. Yes she can fly solo.


This Easter Sunday, when I drive my SS 396 Camaro into Forest Park in St. Louis for the annual car show, the BMW guy's will turn ther snobby back's to me while there Volvo driving wive's with the tan 'mom' pant's will flirt with me......again......(sigh) Um...No thank's.|||Stock car racing was started here. It comes from guys years ago saying, my Chevy or Dodge or another make can out run yours. They raced the same models you could buy. Don't compare apples to oranges. F1 %26amp; NASCAR are both good, but ment to be different. If you don't like it don't watch it.|||Watkins Glen is NOT just an oval track.








Stay at Vickio's Deerfield Park


(607)535-4384 for rates

No comments:

Post a Comment