Sunday, February 26, 2012

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET THE YOUTH OF TODAY TO GET MORE INVOLVED INTO CLASSIC CARS? WE NEED THEM TO HELP US.?

THE CLASSICS LIKE THE OLD CHEVYS THE OLD FORDS THE OLD CHRYSLER VEHICLE. THEY ARE LIKE 401K S. THE CARS OF TODAY DEPRECIATE WHEN THEY LEAVE THE CAR LOT. ALMOST EVERY DOLLAR INVESTED IN A VINTAGE HAS A RETURN VALUE. ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO DO IS BUY A OLDER VEHICL AND START WORKING ON IT AND SOON IT WILL BE WORTH MORE MONEY THAN WHAT THE ORIGINAL PRICE OF THE VEHICL. WE APPRECIATE SEEING A YOUNG KID AT OUR CAR SHOWS. WE HAVE 1 KID JUST TURN 17 AND WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A 67 PONTIAC TEMPEST CONVERTIBLE SOON TO BE WORTH A LOT OF MONEYWHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET THE YOUTH OF TODAY TO GET MORE INVOLVED INTO CLASSIC CARS? WE NEED THEM TO HELP US.?
Not all old cars are too expensive a kid cannot afford them, there is a 68 Fairlane around the corner from me for 1k, runs fine, needs paint, but for 1k thats a good deal.... Kids are not into old cars, they want flashy new cars..... I have been into old cars since I was a teen in the early 80's, I own a 51 Buick and im always looking to buy more old cars..... im trying to get my 16 yr old to buy an oldie and I told him we would both fix it up.... he didnt go for that idea too well..... :) All kids want is new and flashy to show off to their friends....WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET THE YOUTH OF TODAY TO GET MORE INVOLVED INTO CLASSIC CARS? WE NEED THEM TO HELP US.?
Hondab16tuner is right it just cost way too much. I'm 19 and I would LOVE to have a 67 or 68 mustang fastback but when I look at it. Why would I spend 3000-10000 dollars on a buck car, then having to put more money into it, when it is better to get something newer.

Report Abuse

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET THE YOUTH OF TODAY TO GET MORE INVOLVED INTO CLASSIC CARS? WE NEED THEM TO HELP US.?
I'm 21, I have been fixing up old cars since I got my first one when I was 11, I have owned around 35, including a 1950 A-40 Austin, 1962 Consul Capri, 1957 Plymouth, 1973 Mercury Comet, hell I even restored a 87 Chevette! Right now I'm driving a 1981 Mustang with a 300HP 302, I built the car from an abandon wreak to a very nice, fast car that turns heads. I love doing this but I'm now selling the Mustang and will probably never build another. Simple answer is money, the world is get more complicated by the day, harder to just survive and hopefully hold a job, put food on the table and maybe raise a nice little family, how the hell do you ever afford the time and money to work on old cars, I have spent every cent I ever made on them and don't regret it but also never made any of it back. Also between crime, gas prices, city driving, smog control, insurance, it's getting to be expensive and troublesome to drive a classic.........sorry I'm on your side........WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO GET THE YOUTH OF TODAY TO GET MORE INVOLVED INTO CLASSIC CARS? WE NEED THEM TO HELP US.?
Frank,



How about some good ole "Motivation and a swife kick in the a** ?



I think it might help
The main reason being that all of the GOOD classic cars are really unaffordable and you still have a ton of work to do to them to get them running. Look at the prices of the 1933-1934 ford cars. To find a rust bucket you are still going to spend $6,000-$10,000 and still have to completly restore it. I am 28 and love the older cars, but right now I drive a 99 Honda Civic with a motor swap thats completly built and turboed and I have under $20,000 in the whole car, INCLUDING the cost of the car it has dynoed at 497 HP at 25 pounds of boost and it is daily driven and gets 27 MPG. How much does a 1967 Mustang with 500 HP cost that you can drive everyday and is in mint condition? $50,000+ If I had the money I would be driving something along the lines of a 1969 Dodge Superbee with a 426 Hemi, but the whole money issue is a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment