Thursday, February 23, 2012

Who thinks Chevy can beat a Ford?

Me I think fords rock.Not trying to mean to people who like chevys .Who thinks Chevy can beat a Ford?
Ford!!!!Who thinks Chevy can beat a Ford?
Best answer is what you wanted to hear, bit is not the CORRECT answer.

Report Abuse


I doWho thinks Chevy can beat a Ford?
fords suck a.ss

chevy kick a.ss!!!!!!!!!
I have a Corvette and my license frame plate says "Eatin' Cobras, Shitin' Vipers"Who thinks Chevy can beat a Ford?
they both suck
Depends on the Ford. There is one Ford truck at work that I would love to set fire to - but my Aunt's Ford Ranger is great. I own a Chevy myself though, and wouldn't trade it.
It depends on what you are talking about, in deisle truck chevy can beat ford in a race but not in pulling, sports cars, the new Z06 Kills any ford ever made, Gas mileage, ALL Chevys get better gas mileage than ford in all comparable vehicles. SUV's The Ford Expedition has finally beat the Tahoe in features and speed as long as your talking base model to base model. Tractors, yes now there's one ford can beat chevy on because chevy doesn't make tractors :) Jobs Chevy is way better to work for than ford. Stock, both unstable I don't know it's a toss up :)
Depends on WHICH Chevy and WHICH Ford.
In the horsepower game, yes Chevy beats Ford all the time.. one of the issues that Ford needs to fix... But Chevy may have to do some redesigning if I remember for emissions coming soon...



Dunno, Chevy might be the power chanp, but for some reason you see the Fords being used as the work mules and Chevys are usually a weekend truck...
Beat it at what? Besides they both manufacture the greatest pieces of GARBAGE vehicles in the world! I would rather walk!
OK i like both no doubt i own to z28 one had a 383 stoker bad *** ride but sorry Chevy guys i got two fords in the garage that will toy with most any street legal Chevy ones is a 98 mustang gt that close to 475hp and a 1970 tornio gt 429 cobra jet motor that will pull the front tires off the ground and do a 1/4 9.62sec wanna play
Well, the ZR1 is pretty fast, but then this Corvette comes with a stock Mercury 32 valve engine :)
I have owned many vehicles from motorcycles to european sports cars...

I have had several Chevy trucks, AND several Ford trucks....

My choice would be Ford.

In the base line gas motors... Chevy will *generally* win in the horse power but not in the torque...

In the diesel motors...Ford has more old trucks on the road, at least as far as I see on a regular basis...

I look for diesel trucks, no matter the brand.

As far as the new 'Vette goes, I think the GT-40 would take it in a heads up speed test.

For bang for the buck performance, I would choose the 'Vette approx. 65K...The GT-40 rolls for approx. 149K



Overall, I would choose Ford because of the sheer number of older vehicles that are kept on the road.

My truck is a 1986 6.9L diesel F350 Quadcab Dually, and runs like a champ!

BOTH F series trucks that I have had (one gas, one diesel)

would out pull any Chevy that I have had...

I won't go back to gas, after experiencing the massive torque that my 6.9 has!!!

My old gas F100 with the 300/6 and then later 302 pulled a 16x80 mobile home off the lot, and toook it down the road NO PROBLEMS...

I have never seen a Chevy pull like that! (unless it was a county- fair drag queen!)

All my trucks have been road ready and daily driven!
Im a pure Chevy man. my trucks got a 350, and im not saying a big ford with a 460 wont smoke mine in a race.
not around here they can't. my 66 with a 352,headers,small cam, 389 posi kills em everytime. course they do get me on top end. if they catch me.
well, you're asking this in the Ford category...so granted, the majority of answers given will be in favor of Ford. Me, I'm a Chevy guy who comes over to this category to try and help the poor saps who have problematic Fords, which is pretty much everyone who owns a Ford. So in short, CHEVY ALL THE WAY! But of course, there are many Fords that can easily beat a Chevy, and the same likewise. I have much respect to those old Ford trucks with the 6.9 liter diesel that have ungodly amounts of miles on them. But keep in mind, this 6.9 Liter is an International-built engine, NOT a Ford. Probably why it's bulletproof.
Ford VS Chevy war is sooooo old. It's not even interesting anymore.

I do, however, enjoy watching a Truck Pull!



Ever see a tug-o-war between an F150 %26amp; a Tundra?

I have!!! The Ford dragged the Toyota so hard they had to replace the tires on the Tundra ! those tires were spinning forward while the Ford dragged the Toyota backwards! It was hysterical!



American Trucks Vs Japanese Trucks...(torque vs sushi).

I'd like to see a Silverado %26amp; an F150 Team, take on a Tundra, a Titan, %26amp; a Ridgeline.Team.....2 American trucks against 3 Japanese pieces of cr@p !!!!
So you are one of those huh.



an engine does not know or care what name is stamped on the valve cover.

Important things for an engine to run well

compression ratio

rod to piston ratio

cylinder head design

fuel system

exhast system

ignition system

proper cam for desired aplication

then we need to talk about the rest of the car

trans

final drive gearing

suspension

tires
Ford sucks.



Last winter I found a guy in a F350 stuck in the snow in a White Castles parking lot, it was linked to 3 other fast food places all on a slight hill going down, he was at the bottom. I had just pulled someone else out across the street and saw him fighting the snow but stuck. So I pulled over and asked if he needed a hand....he gave me a snarled look but said okay. In his back window was that sticker of a little man peeing on a Chevy emblem.



Well I hooked up my tow rope and pulled him out of White Castles, past the Taco Bell and into the Perkins parking lot just to show who could pee on who.



What do I drive.....a Chevy Blazer 4x4 GRUNT GRUNT GRUNT.



Few days later, on the same stretch of road I got the pleasure of pulling a lady out of a deep ditch. She slid her EXPEDITION down into the ditch enough that 1 tire was over 2 ft off the ground. Matter of minutes she was back on the road even though she told me the entire time...." that little Chevy can't help my ford"



I laugh at Ford.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I don't, last year I traded in my Taurus for a Monte Carlo and I hated the thing, after hearing so many people say the Carlo has so much power blah blah blah behind it I just set myself up for a let down. I found myself being out beat by a little old lady in a Civic, now you know that's bad when an old lady is out beating you in a Honda! I don't know what ever possessed me to buy a Chevrolet in the first place (no offense toward you Chevy lovers) but my Taurus can get up and go and in the 3 years that I owned it I never had to replace any parts or get it fixed what so ever, I only had to take it in for oil changes etc.



Long story short I took the Monte back in and told them I wanted my Taurus back, unfortunately they had already sold it, but I ended up getting a different model and another year, either way my need for speed has been reinforced in my Ford and now I just hope I see that lady again!
Had a chevette that didn't like damp weather, wouldn't start - after replacing battery, alternator, carburator, relay, and who knows what else, still wouldn't go if it was damp. Favorite cars I have owned: Pontiac custom sport, dodge challenger, datsun, pontiac lemans. Currently have a dodge caravan, always goes, easy and cheap to maintain. The datsun was great in snow, even in deep drifts, I could rock the back end by myself and practically lift it out. The challenger would start no matter how cold or how long since it had been started. Best ever. Each manufacturer has some great cars, some disposables. this doesn't answer your question, but I enjoyed typing this!
I don't care as long as there AMERICAN cars they rock. IMPORTS SUCK!!!!!!
In the 60's this was a hot debate . I have a machine shop were we build motors for people restoring old cars or hot rodding 50's 60's , 70's , and a few 80's . I actually enjoy building an old school chevy these days. I like old school American made . But I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Fords , there like my first girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment