Thursday, February 23, 2012

93 Lincoln Mark VIII Starter Problem?

I have a 93 Mark VIII (prone to every electric problem possible I found out after purchasing.) Anyway, the car about a week ago died on me. It rained really heavy here in Texas (going on day 23 of rain.) But during the rain my car alarm went off while I was driving? How can that happen? And how can I solve this problem without pulling the fuse (No interior lights.) Also, after pulling the fuse shortly after my car won't start. I tried putting the fuse back in, but no luck. Could the rain possibly have something to do with the solenoid? I replaced my terminals already. And if it is the starter, where is the starter located on this model? I've been used to working on Chevys =(. Any help would be greatly appreciated.93 Lincoln Mark VIII Starter Problem?
Well, first things first, when you say it won't start, does the engine turn but doesn't start, or it won't crank all together. A lot of cars after inhaling some amount of water in various areas will crank but won't start. #2 the alarm is a big give away because a lot of alarms have a theft deterrent that is built into a starter kill. Seeing as you already saw an issue with the alarm while rolling, maybe it was going to be an issue once the car was parked and wet. Make sure the alarm's fuse isn't blown and it disarms properly.93 Lincoln Mark VIII Starter Problem?
Some alarms will disable the starter when they go off, and that's probably the problem. You didn't mention if the alarm is from the factory or is aftermarket. I've seen many cars with electrical problems caused by poorly installed aftermarket alarms.



If the alarm is aftermarket, you should be able to find where they spliced a relay into the wire that goes down to the starter



If you have a 4.6 liter engine the starter should be on the passenger side of the car.
  • bonefish grill menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment